The Elvehjem Museum of Art (now the Chazen Museum of Art) was founded in 1970 to collect, preserve, study, and display original works of art for the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The museum, originally named for the late Conrad A. Elvehjem, president of the University of Wisconsin-Madison from 1958-1962, serves as an active educational and cultural center for the campus and state. Its collections and exhibitions are complementary to numerous academic programs and are used by faculty and students in various disciplines. (Panczenko, excerpt from the catalog)
Get a glimpse into the collection of the Chazen Museum of Art through this catalog of the collection!
Publisher: Elvehjem Museum of Art (1990)
Introduction: Russell Panczenko
Editor: Patricia Powell
Assistant Editor: Douglas DeRosa
Designer: Earl Madden